Aerial LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) technology provides highly accurate 3D location of the ground and its features (trees, houses, powerlines, etc.). Each point of the resulting point cloud is classified to indicate whether it originates from the ground, the water, a three or a building.
Data acquisition is planned to ensure that each feature is scanned from two different directions in order to minimize obstructed areas without points.
- Elevation absolute accuracy: 5 cm (RMSE) on hard flat surface
- Point density: 30 points/m²
- LAZ v1.2 file format compatible with most geographic information systems (GIS)
- Possible classification schemes:
- L1: ground, water, unclassified
- L2: ground, water, vegetation, buildings, unclassified
- L3: ground, water, vegetation, buildings, poles, powerlines, unclassified
- L1c, L2c, L3c: Classification scheme L1, L2 and L3 with colored LiDAR points based on the true orthophotos
- Mapping projection: Modified Transverse Mercator (MTM), NAD83 CSRS
- Vertical datum: CGVD28 HT2.0
Download a demo dataset