Compared to conventional ortho mosaic where the image rectification is only done at ground level, every visible feature on a true orthophoto is perfectly rectified, whether it’s on the ground or above. Therefore, buildings, lampposts, poles, etc., are rectified in a perfect plan view.
XEOS Imaging’s program aims to cover medium and major Canadian cities and to update the data every two years.
- Image resolution: 5 cm in urban centers 20 cm elsewhere within city boundaries
- Planimetric accuracy: 5 cm (RMSE)
- Tiled using a 1 km x 1 km tiling grid
- Geotiff (.TIFF) file format compatible with most geographic information systems (GIS)
- Mapping projection: Modified Transverse Mercator (MTM), NAD83 CSRS
- Vertical datum: CGVD28 HT2.0